Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Obsessed Man U fan calls off wedding after falling in 'love' with Adnan Janujaz (photos)






24 year old Mai Alexander, a Manchester United fan who became obsessed with winger Adnan Januzaj called off her own wedding after 'falling in love' with the player.

She developed a crush on the Belgian player after watching him make his United debut at the age of 18 in August 2013.

She quickly became infatuated with the starlet and began mapping out a future life with him.

Despite the fact she'd never met him, Mai planned their wedding, chose a house, and even picked out names for their children.

The make-up artist spent hours trawling through his social media pages, stalking his every move and posting him more than 200 handwritten letters.

She also splashed £2,000 on fake tan, false nails and glam outfits to look like his stunning girlfriend Melissa McKenzie and £2,500 more on Man United merchandise.



Mai was so convinced she was in a relationship with the Premier League footballer that she stopped hugging and kissing her long-term boyfriend because it felt like cheating.

When her friends suggested she might never be with him she became suicidal.



In July 2015, two years after first seeing Adnan on TV, infatuated Mai saw a photo of him with his beau and it finally sent her over the edge.

She wrote a suicide note for the footballer telling him she loved him and slashed her wrists in a desperate bid to kill herself.

Fortunately her boyfriend, 23-year-old warehouse operator Stefan Hall, found her and dialled 999.

After receiving treatment at hospital, Mai was sectioned under the Mental Health Act and spent nine weeks in a secure unit where she received treatment for OCD.

Now, almost three years after watching Adnan's debut, Mai has come out the other side to bravely speak about her former obsession.

Incredibly, devoted Stefan has stayed with her through it all - even when she cancelled their engagement - and the couple's wedding is now fixed for 2018.



Mai told Uk Mirror: "I remember the first match I laid eyes on him - I really fancied him. I was with my dad and I said, 'he's cute'.

"He told me he was new and I had to find out more so I followed him on Instragram and Twitter and scrolled right to the beginning of his accounts.

"I would get really jealous if they said he was hot - it was heart-crushing. I felt like he was my boyfriend and I hated that other girls found him attractive."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...