Monday, November 7, 2016

(Photos) Women should breastfeed children until they're 8 -Says mum







A British mum who shares videos of herself breastfeeding her four-year-old son online says women should nurse their children until they're at least eight.

Sophie Emma Rose, 40, who feeds son Shaye on demand and also shares a bed with the youngster, began posting videos of herself breastfeeding six months ago and has received more than 8 million views on her YouTube channel.

Sophie, who lives in Thailand with partner Danny, said:



"Breastfeeding older children is so important.
"As well as the nutritional value of breast milk, you also let your child know in a very physical way that you are there for them. It's about the comfort and emotional connection.When I look at some of the negative comments on my channel, I'm amazed that some people still feel strongly about how wrong it is to breastfeed a child and share that over YouTube. But I'm going to continue uploading videos.
"I think the work I'm doing affirms other mums who want to breastfeed older kids or babies. I feel the act of me breastfeeding without shame on YouTube sends the message out that it is ok.Breasts are not just sexual objects, this is what they're made for."


I'll breastfeed Shaye for as long as he wants it - that is the goal.
"I know that breastfeeding does end - children eventually lose the latch and are not physically able to breastfeed past the age of about 7 or 8 years old.
"I have no fears that I'm going to be feeding Shaye at eig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...