Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nigerian girl celebrates 7 years of being an amputee. Read he touching story (Photos)


20-year-old Nigerian, Doris, is celebrating 7 years as an amputee with an inspirational message.


She took to her Instagram page to share these photos and the message below...



"TODAY I STILL REJOICE!
Happy anniversary to me! 
Today makes it the 7th year of my survival. I shall rejoice during the month of November because this is the month that I had my right leg amputated. :-) When God decided that I can be a better person than what I thought I might have been. 
November - the month when I stepped into the gravel road, it was never easy; the pain, tears, heartbreak, torture, depression and all the negative vices you can imagine. 
After accepting myself for who I am, today I know happiness, love, care, faith, hope, strength and vision with a purpose to be alive because I never gave up. I was not cursed but God chose me to be His living testimony. He made it a point that I am different from majority. Look at me 7 years later, I am a queen and I have been positive. 
I am 20 years old, I am a confident young woman. I believe that disability is attitude. I believe I'm no difference from any woman and I cannot be defined less than that. 
Basically, I choose not to be defined by my challenges. So in my 7 years as an amputee, I have learned to have self-love, my clutches are my best accessories. I always have my beautiful smile as my make-up. :-D It defines me before the world. It is the voice to my silence.  
I see so much faith in myself and it scares me. To think of where I have been and where I am going makes me emotional. I will change the world tomorrow! 
I am happy with or without a limb!! FOOTNOTE:
 That something wonderful is going to happen even with all the ups and downs.
 Never take a day for granted.
 Cherish the little things and hug the ones you love.
 No pain, no gain.
 I believe we are all bound to face challenges and when they come, we have got to be strong.
#7Years_Anniversary #Amputee_With_Big_Dreams #Disability_Is_Attitude #Confident_Queen"

1 comment:

  1. Ever wanted to get free YouTube Subscribers?
    Did you know that you can get these ON AUTOPILOT & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...