Saturday, December 19, 2015

TB Joshua’s Daughter, Serah Called To The Bar (Photo)


22 year old Serah Oyindamola Joshua was one of the 3,277, who were called the Bar on Tuesday and Wednesday (December 15 and 16), having successfully completed the September 2015 Bar Final Examinations.


She told Nigeria Guardian in an interview to celebrate the moment:
 “I’m grateful to God, my family and friends, who have been of help to me.  I am humbled and privileged to have succeeded. I am very happy.”
Speaking about her dad, she continued:
“I am privileged and fortunate to be the daughter of such a humble and great man of God
called TB Joshua. He is someone I look up to, because my father is a man of God and he has been able to guide me every time I need him.  I am too happy, so humble to be his daughter.  He has been a good guide. Thus I can’t afford to disappoint him and God, because to whom much is given, much is expected.”
  • How does she react to comments about her father?
Serah takes a deep breath, as her finely chiselled features and sinuous body glisten. She leans on the wall, while nursing a bottle of mineral water. She says:
“He is a true example of humility.  I have seen so many characters in him that is worthy to emulate. As a father, he is the best father everybody can pray to have.   
I am not just saying that, because he is my father, this is just the truth. Also, it’s not what I think about him or what people think about him that counts, but what God says about him.
That’s why I said, he is a true man of God and it’s not what people say that counts, but what God says.  Everybody has the right to air his or her opinion, but God’s opinion counts most.”
What was his reaction to her success story?
“He was very happy and proud of me. I am always happy whenever he is proud of me.  He has given me so much and I feel I have a lot to offer and can’t afford to disappoint him. 
When people know that I am his daughter, they are always surprised and that spur me on to work harder and achieve what I want. To every glory is a story to tell.”
Was their special gift or words of encouragement he gave her as a child?
“Life is an experience,” she exclaims.  “I know my dad and he is a living example of how to be, humble and devoted to God.”
On how her friends relate to her and whether they expect her to introduce them to him for prayers? 
 “Yes, many are surprised, and some even want me to introduce them to him for prayers.”
Serah will also be called to bar in New York in January.  She passed the final examinations in November and is getting set for the January date in New York Supreme Court. She attended Ronik International School, Ejigbo, Lagos State, and later, the London School of Economic, where she did her law degree and a master’s in New York.

Photo credit: Nigeria Guardian News 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...