Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Nigerian Now The Top Scorer In England

Odion Ighalo who is currently the top scorer in England as a whole has expressed his gratitude to both his fans and his club for a great football year in 2015.

The Watford striker has scored 14 goals in the Premier League this term, and scored 16 for the Hornets in the Championship between January and May 2015, making him the top scorer across England’s football leagues.

Speaking on his achievement, the 26-year old thanked his family, teammates and Watford fans for their support in what has been a great year for him.

In a recent interview the Watford striker expressed his appreciation saying “I thank God for everything; it has been a successful year. I thank my family, my teammates, most especially Troy Deeney who has assisted me for the most of the goals I have scored this year and it is a great pleasure playing with him, and I want to keep going like that. Continue...


“I also have to thank the Watford fans for all their support in what has been a great year for us and I thank God for everything and I hope we will continue to make progress because we have a great team here and the spirit here is great,” he said.

He is now Watford’s first and only player to score in five straight games since the inception of the Premier League in 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...