Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I Had Prostrate Cancer For 10 Months, Thanks To Early Detection- Wole Soyinka







Prof. Wole Soyinka at a press conference tagged “Beyond Ebola and Beyond Reign of the Silent Killer” held at the June 12 Cultural Centre, in Abeokuta, Ogun state today revealed that he lived with prostrate cancer for 10 months. According to him, he only disclosed this so that people can go for medical check up regularly to detect any disease early enough.

“In November, last year, I discovered that I had cancer and I have been treating it. I finished treatment on October 28 and that’s why I’ve come out to tell you this. Many people start looking at you as if you are a ghost; No! It’s not a death sentence and it is curable. I have undergone the treatment and I even have a certificate and medal to show for it, but I don’t normally wear decorations.

“I want to use myself to encourage others to take whatever test available to them in our limited circumstances here and more importantly to encourage those who are in charge of our health to take the cancer menace seriously,” Soyinka said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...