Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Emotional high school love letter written by Tupac goes on sale



A 30 year old love letter from Tupac Shakur to his high school sweetheart has gone on sale.

The letter, written in 1988, is being sold through memorabilia dealer ‘Moments In Time’ and is expected to fetch around $35,000 (£25,000) for its current owner, reports the Daily Mail.

She wishes to remain anonymous, but had plenty to say about her relationship with Tupac during their high school years:




I met him in drama class after he transferred from Baltimore to California. He called me Beethoven because of my piano skills.
He was a charismatic character who didn’t give a damn, highlighting the fact he wore Afrocentric gear and rocked a blonde high-top fade before it was the cool thing to do in the west coast.
 The thing that really attracted me to him was that he made me understand Shakespeare – he took something as difficult as Shakespeare and gave it a contemporary voice.

She went on to say the pair were in love but it didn’t work out and she wasn’t too impressed with how Tupac changed:

I never really cared for the music he recorded – it was nothing like those freestyles I remember in front of our school.

I knew the kid who made me understand Shakespeare and who didn’t care that he dressed different or wore his hair different.

I knew the kid who loved Prince, and candles and had a broken heart. And the kid who drew birds flying upside down on the notes that he passed in school


Although Tupac was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996 – his murder still hasn’t been solved – in 2012 he hit headlines when his ‘hologram’ performed with Snoop Dogg at Coachella.

And now a film about his life called All Eyez On Me is expected out in November, starring Demetrius Shipp Jr as the man himself.

His legend lives on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...