Monday, March 14, 2016

Kerry Washington refuses to address divorce rumours from husband Nnamdi Asomugha, says it's personal





Kerry Washington refused to discuss her personal life during an interview in Austin, Texas, on Sunday.



An online platform published reports last year claiming Washington and Asomugha, who have been married for almost three years, have “pretty much separated because Kerry was frustrated that while
she works grueling hours on the set of “Scandal,” her husband, Asomugha supposedly did next to nothing since being cut from the San Francisco 49ers in October 2013.

The tabloid also named a so-called source that said Asomugha “resents” Kerry, and “believes [she’s] the one who’s given up on their marriage''. And that “things have gotten so bad, [they’re] barely speaking anymore.” The magazine further alleged Washington and Asomugha, who have a daughter named Isabelle, unsuccessfully tried couples therapy.

Speaking about the rumours on Sunday, Kerry explained how other celebrities use social media to dispel rumours in the media and how she differs. How she avoids disclosing anything private in interviews and on Instagram and Twitter.

'I think - and this is something Reese Witherspoon has talked about a lot - it's a little different for me because I don't talk about my personal life.
Social media has actually been great for [other celebrities'] relationships with the weeklies or the gossip sites because people say things and they say, "That's not true! Just so you know, that's BS!"
So I'm thinking in some ways, it's been great because people are able to maintain their voice.
'If I don't talk about my personal life, it means I don't talk about my personal life. That means not only did I not tell you when I was getting married, it also means if somebody has rumors about what's going on in my marriage, I don't refute them, because I don't talk about my personal life.' She also discussed keeping her one-year-old daughter Isabelle's life as private as possible:

'I have these itchy fingers where I want to post a photo of my daughter so instead I send it to my shrink or my mother.
'I want her to be able to make those decisions in her time. She already has a lot to navigate in life as the daughter of an actor and a former football player. She should be able to enter this world in the way that is right for her.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...