Saturday, November 14, 2015

8 Touching Comments Made By Diezani During Interview With Dele Momodu


Owner of Ovation magazine/ThisDay Columnist, Dele Momodu on Friday released photos of cancer-stricken Nigeria’s former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, with also part of his interview with her.
ani
Here are 8 key points Diezani made during the interview:
1.  Emir Sanusi broke her heart. Diezani considered former CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido as a friend, and he being the source of the missing $20bn allegation didn’t sit well with her. She said the allegation was “more painful coming from someone I considered a good friend who should appreciate the gravity of such allegation. ”

2. Diezani said she is not the person most people portrayed her to be. “I’m certainly not a demon as being portrayed. I have no doubt that I served my nation well, the reason my colleagues at OPEC supported me despite the opposition from my own people,” she said.
3. Speaking about controversy surrounding her. “Controversy has nothing to do with your qualifications or performance. As a matter of fact, people often hate you for knowing so much and for being efficient and confident which they mistake for arrogance.”
4. She denied claims that some $20bn oil revenue was missing under her watch and challenged anyone with hard facts to come forth. This claim infuriated her. “How can $20billion disappear just like that? Where did it disappear to? Is it possible that such an amount would not be traceable?
5. Diezani said she doesn’t own expensive houses and properties like people claim. “I live with my husband in the same house we’ve lived since we married in 1999. Ask anyone who knows us. Our house in Abuja was bought in 2007 by my husband and as an architect and lover of interior décor I did it up to our own taste. It is not over the top because I have good taste and appreciate bargains. I shop in regular shops like B & Q to do up all the places where I live.
6. She claimed some of those who benefited the most were even in opposition and mentioned how a renowned opposition leader and vocal critic of the Government at the time met her on about three occasions to discuss his interests in the business of oil.
7. Diezani also said she maintained a business-like relationship with ex president Goodluck Jonathan and other male associates she worked with. She denied claims that she has a sister or relative who has a kid for the former president.
8. She added that her relationship with Dame Patience Jonathan wasn’t stormy as people say but cordial, just like the one she has with Jonathan. “What people don’t know is that we’ve been family friends for long. My mum, Mrs Beatrice Agama, has always played the role of a godmother in the Niger Delta and all the militants love and respect her. I come from a royal privileged background and lacked nothing.”
Article Excuse : 360Nobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...