Friday, April 24, 2015

Inside Bruce Jenner's New Life as a Woman (Photos)


Bruce Jenner showing Diane Sawyer inside his closet where he has 2 wardrobes - one with male clothing and another with female clothing
Bruce Jenner confirmed Friday night that he’s transitioning from male to female, plainly telling ABC’s Diane Sawyer, “Yes, for all intents and purposes, I am a woman.”

The much-anticipated interview kicked off with the 1976 Olympic gold-medal winner and reality-TV celebrity reaching for a tissue even before the questions began and explained to Sawyer:
"I've been thinking about this day forever and what I should do with my life and how do I tell my story.”
Speaking in front of millions of viewers, the 65-year-old father of 6 children, 4 step children and 7 grandchildren tearfully continued:
"I've always been confused about my gender identity since I was this big, It was as if God had put a little boy together, adding smarts and athletic ability and more, and then said, "Let's give him the soul of a woman and see how he deals with that. 
To all extents and purposes, I am a woman. My brain is much more female than it is
male. That's what my soul is. Bruce lives a lie. She is not a lie. I can't do it anymore.''


After revealing a lifelong struggle with his gender identity, the “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” dad discussed how that affected each of his three marriages, shared details about his 1980s attempt to transition and told what it was like to bring his all children up to speed on the secret he’d been keeping. His first wife, Christy, was the first person he told his secret to.
"My gender was a big part of my break up to Linda Thompson in 1984. I wasn't as fair to my ex-wives as I should have been. I've apologized to everybody. I've raised wonderful children This is not a publicity stunt.. The first child I ever told was Kimberly. She caught me one time. It was like this big secret in the family that we never talked about again until years later. 
Kimberly has been by far the most accepting. The easiest to talk to and it's all thanks to Kanye West” Bruce Jenner said, while easy-going Khloe has had the toughest time. 
Jenner wants to continue to be referred to as “he” and “him” for the time being. During the chat, he referred to the person he’s becoming as “her” and “she,” not mentioning a specific name.
“If I did, the media would go crazy. As of now I have all the male parts, but I still identify as female. Despite having a female soul. 
I was never attracted to guys. I've always felt heterosexual. I am not gay. I've never been with a guy. I've always been with a woman, raising kids. Sexuality is who you're attracted to, but gender identity is about who you identify with. 
I told my mom she didn't cause this. I was trying to block out my feelings with the obsession to be an Olympic athlete."
Bruce said he 'hates' describing himself as a woman stuck in a man's body.
'I'm a person and that's who I am. I'm not stuck in anyone's body. It's just me. I was a lonely little boy. I'm a lonely big boy. I don't socialize a lot. I never fit in. I like to play golf, but 99% of the time I play by myself."
He said he’s been on hormones for a year and a half now and plans to have surgery done on his face and breasts. He hasn't made a decision yet about sex reassignment surgery. If he took that step, he said, he would do it “so quietly” that nobody would know. No cameras, no TV shows.

He also has no idea what another marriage might look like, declaring himself “asexual” for now.


While the interview was airing, "Kardashians" network E! announced a new docuseries about Jenner's "new normal," one that will track the reality star living as a transgender woman. The eight-part, one-hour series will premiere July 26, the network said.

The four oldest Jenner kids appeared on the Diane Sawyer interview. Daughter Cassandra Marino, 34, said she’d asked her dad what he wanted to be called. “He said, ‘I’m Dad. Call me Dad. I’ll always be your dad.’”

Jenner said this interview would be the last as Bruce Jenner. "She," he said, would be the next to speak publicly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...