Friday, January 23, 2015

See The Amazing Moment A Blind Woman Could See Her Baby for the First Time



Kathy Beitz, who has been legally blind since she was a child, got the opportunity to see her new born baby through a remarkable technology that gives sight to the blind. Kathy's sister who is also legally blind, uploaded a video of Beitz seeing her son for the first time on Youtube and it has gone viral. It's easy to see why because the video is really emotional. Kathy says;


“For the first baby that I get to actually look at being my own is very overwhelming. Even to look at my husband looking at him was such a good feeling. I got to fall in love with him."


The gift of sight came through Kathy's sister and the eSight Corporation, a company that produces special glasses that give legally blind people the ability to see. Kathy's older sister Yvonne Felix, was able to get the company to loan Kathy Beitz a pair of glasses for the day, the glasses usually cost $15,000!

Yvonne Felix has started a non-profit #MakeBlindnessHistory, in order to raise funds to help the legally blind - including her sister - purchase eSights. She told The Huffington Post her own experience as a mom who couldn't see her babies when they were born moved her to give the gift of sight, even if just temporarily, to her younger sister.


"Kathy got to see what my struggles were and the things that I missed out on and the things that were hard for me as a parent. Something like being able to see your baby when it’s born -- I didn’t get that experience. When I first tried the glasses, I had a 6-year-old and a 2-month-old, so I still never had those first few moments. When Kathy tried the glasses and they worked for her she was five months pregnant, and there was this clairvoyance in both of us realizing that she never has to experience [not seeing her baby]. She would have a baby, she’d know what he looks like, she’d fill out birth certificate."

Watch video below..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...